CANWINE

The Online Forum for Canadian Wine Discussion

New, revised version of the CANWINE list, now on the bleeding edge of technology (well, sort of!).

Thursday, August 09, 2007

How to post messages here

Traffic's been, ah, slow because I think most people don't understand how to post here.

It's easy!

When you fire up the CANWINE blog, look in the upper right-hand corner where you can sign in. Once you do that, you'll see another underscored suggestion to post a new message.

Do it!

Contribute!

I can't be the only person drinking CANWINE these days....

(This assumes you're already a member -- Lorne, Bob, Larry, Denny: this means you! -- but if you aren't, click the link at the left to email me and join.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorne said...

Truthfully, I do find the blogger format less intuitive than our old-fashioned mailing list. It's also less in my face. I have to actually click on a link to get here, as opposed to having an email front and centre, and no need to log in.

We're now 6 weeks retired, which has left a lot more time for wine, if not for blogging!

Last night a friend brought a bottle of 1986 Chateau Mouton Rothschild to dinner. It was nice, but not fabulous, to my palate. Thin but elegant. I actually preferred the lush, rich, robust (how many more synonyms can I come up with?) 2001 La Frenz Reserve that we opened. Interesting layers of flavours, initially strongly vanilla, and finally, intensely chocolate.

Our friend paid about $250 for that bottle; I see current prices on the web in the range of US$999. Ouch! Just last month a fellow traveller at our B&B in Naramata was complaining about the cost of BC wine!

As a retirement gift, Joan and I are going to be enrolled in the Level 1 sommelier course offered by the Vancouver Art Instute. Should be a blast! http://www.artinstitutes.edu/vancouver/culinary/

11:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home