CANWINE

The Online Forum for Canadian Wine Discussion

New, revised version of the CANWINE list, now on the bleeding edge of technology (well, sort of!).

Friday, April 06, 2007

Shipping Wine Out Of BC

It has been very quiet on the CANWINE front of late so I thought I would dash off this post and see if "anyone is home".

Last Fall we were introduced to the wines from JOIE who I think are in the Naramatta region. Two Vancouver based sommeliers I believe who decided to get into winemaking sourced from grapes grown by others and a cooking school.

I really enjoyed their rose and an unoaked chardonnay of chardonnay musque and some pinot blanc.

I asked to be put on their mailing list because we never see their wines in stores here in Alberta. Unfortunately the notice of their current release was accompanied by the advice that due to a concern of an imminent "crack down" they were unable to deliver their wines outside of BC.

I expect that strictly speaking that has always been the case, i.e. extra-provincial transportation of alcohol likely due to tax reasons.

As a result, no JOIE wines for us. To be fair, I could have had them delivered to friends and/or family in the lower mainland and then arranged for shipment personally but did not want to bother.

I know of at least two other vineyards who will be shipping wine my way but was wondering if anyone else has had this mentioned to them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home